Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Slow and low

That's how it's been, that's been my profile. I've been remiss about posting, then again summer ended on the 21st! Work has been boring at a level not previously attained. I learned, through much trial and error, to make tagged, accessible PDFS for the visually impaired.
Other than that, I've been working out a lot, cutting tremendously back on my drinking, eating much less red meat, and reading about karst geology and His Dark Materials.
My mom is in town for the week, she actually got in Friday evening. Yesterday we drove over to Bastrop State Park to hike around and so I could see more of the stuff I didn't really get to see back in March when we surveyed portions of it. It's really a pretty place and has some nice hikes. and the Civilian Conservation Corps buildings are very interesting. We also did a quick drive through the historic district of Bastrop, whose only real highlight is the old county jail. On the way there, we stopped by the Hyatt Lost Pines resort so we could check out the display of the archaeological site we worked on there. Kind of pitiful, but there's a huge picture of Colleen and the resort itself is very impressive (and way out of my price range: 6.50 for a Shiner Bock!!).
Thursday Mom and I are going to San Antonio to see the Missions and stop by the Museum of Art to see a bunch of photos by Allen Ginsburg. We might head out to Kerrville on Friday for an overnight visit, or maybe just make a long day trip out of it on Saturday. Hell, if we went to Georgetown then Mom would get to see 3 of the 4 big sites that Tini and I dug on in Texas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I'm terrified of that big picture.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home