Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

In the zone

For a while there. I got almost 2 pages written last night. Did a bunch of reading while scanning stuff at work. Even started to figure out the whole "tagged, accessible .pdf" problem that has been vexing me all week. After work, went to the gym. Quite a nice roll, but I think it's slowing down. Not sure where to start today, and I'm getting a little tired already.
Maybe I'll play with Google Scholar for a while, see if I can track down some references. I'm going to need to figure out how a non-geologist archaeologist can explain the importance of understanding karst geology to other non-geologist archaeologists. I do think I'm going to see if I can get away with calling limestone "the building block of Lowland Maya civilization." Puns are good things to have in a thesis, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a whole lecture on limestone around here somewhere that I did for the Q.

Good job on the writing though. Let me know if you need me to send you any pdfs.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home