Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Long week ahead

I'm leaving at 8am tomorrow morning for Lumberton, which is north of Beaumont, which is far east Texas. We've been doing some sort of monitoring job in the Big Thicket National Preserve. It's apparently pretty easy work (if a little boring). I've been wanting to go out there for a while, since they're working 11 hour days, 7 days a week, which means hella overtime. As it is, I'll be there for 6 days, which is only hecka overtime. There's also per diem. I'll also be back in time for Tini's cocktail birthday party, which she's very happy about (I am too). I can't say that I'm looking forward to the 5-hour drivc by myself tomorrow morning.
I will work on my thesis this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home