Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fun weekend

It all started when we had a work meeting at 3pm. With beer. I had 3, and grabbed another bottle to bring home. Went out at 8 to Rio Grande (lame place but it was for someone's birthday) and had a couple of the Saint Arnold's IPA (not great, not bad), then to Six (lame place, etc.). Paced myself pretty well since I knew I would be driving us home.
Saturday I went to the outlet mall in Round Rock with Dan so he could get some clothes for his high school reunion. It was no sales tax weekend, so I was expecting mayhem, but it wasn't bad at all. I scored myself 2 pairs of Vans for $30 total!! Later that evening Eric and Joolie had a BBQ, where I ate and drank in full-on glutton style. Beerfest was on in the background, so we tried to get some drinking games going briefly, and I chugged a couple of beers. I just can't shotgun a beer! Tini drove us home that night!
Sunday I went shopping with Tini (didn't buy anything for myself this time), and then we stopped by Austin's Pizza on South Lamar and had a basil and garlic pizza. I drank a pint of Firemans 4. Then home briefly, then I went to Sound on Sound for the final Storm the Tower show. Drank a few Lone Stars, plus Billy's orphans and scammed a slice of pizza too. Storm the Tower was great as always, even had Mark sing a song and Ben Snakepit did a Misfits cover to close it down. They were probably my favorite local band for a while, but I admit that I hadn't seen them much lately (nor did they really play much anymore).
This week looks like it may be a boring week in the TxDOT office. Yawn.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home