Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bone Examination


Bone Examination
Originally uploaded by texasrobo
This is me at work at SWCA, examining an extremely large bone (identified as a humerus) for cut marks that would indicate butchering. I'm using a giant magnifying glass that has 3x and 6x magnification. By the way, I didn't find any cut marks on this particular bone. Photo taken by Tina.
Not much going on. Yesterday I actually got to do some writing at work, which was pretty exciting. Unfortunately, I didn't quite get everything done in the hours available, but what i did get done was pretty thorough. I spent some time now making it so that hours will be saved further down the line.
Today I examined bones under a magnifying glass all day. Most of the time, I was actually sitting on the floor, because that's where a lot of the bone is. The sand bins weigh between 40-70 pounds (depending on how full of sand they actually are) so I wasn't really feeling the need to move them around. I ended up using a photo flood light for extra illumination (and extra heat!)
BBQ tomorrow! Yay!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home