Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

And there goes the weekend

Saturday I decided to be lazy and not do yardwork , so I played Neverwinter Nights for 4 hours or more. Then went to End of an Ear, for their second anniversary party. Ended up buying the Voxtrot LP, Prince's Dirty Minds LP, and a Donny Hathaway cd. Met up with Dan and Choo and Jennifer and went to Austin's Park and Pizza for someone's birthday. I had always wanted to check the place out, having driven by it numerous times. Now that I've been there, I can say it's not worth it. Much like a theme park, it's overpriced with long lines and lots of hidden charges. A lot of the video games were broken, too. The mini golf course was a bit challenging (I'll say something positive about the place). After that, went over to someone's house on East 11th and drank some more beers, listened to some good old school reggae and dub, and hung out with Eric and Joolie. By the way, I'm planning on voting for Joolie in the Best of Austin Awards for Blogger and you should too! Even though someone lame will win, I can't imagine it would take too many voted to at least get her in the top 10. And End of An Ear for record store (even though Waterloo always wins), and Dan's Austin Showlist page for fun local web page. Yeah! Do it!
Today was a very lazy day. Besides taking a walk to Randalls to get some lunch foods for the week (I pretty much have the same lunch every day, PB&J on wheat, baby carrots and a banana, usually with a small yogurt), just watched a lot of DVDs. Main thing was Fast Food Nation which was really kind of slow and low key. I mean, I should've known since it's a Richard Linklater film. I honestly thought the book was much more engaging than the fictionalized, character-driven movie of the basic topics. I will also say that if you are squeamish, there is footage of the killing floor from an actual slaughterhouse near the end. If you haven't read the book, get it and read it. It's about a lot more than just the meat itself.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, thanks! I am liking the summer of blog here, myself.

So far I have skipped the Fast Food Nation movie. I kind of lost interest once I heard it was a fictional treatment, for some reason. I have reduced my fast-food consumption since I read the book, although maybe that had more to do with my increasing pickiness than social or health consciousness.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home