Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Peek a boo!


gator
Originally uploaded by texasrobo
Yeah, we finally saw a gator Wednesday. We knew it was a possibility, but it was pretty exciting when we finally saw one. Definitely glad that there was a 5-foot high levee between us.
Later on that night, I went and ate one of his kin. First time I've had alligator. It was pretty yummy, kind of like a chewy chicken with just a hint of fishy flavor. The restaurant we ate at was good, but I'll blog on the food blog about that some other time.
We've already worked a 40 hour week, and still have a long day tomorrow (since we decided to just go ahead and drive back tomorrow after work). Haven't found a damn thing. Lots of driving, too. The truck has satellite radio, so it's not bad at all.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home