Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Slackass

So I haven't been up to working lately. Well, yesterday I did about a page and a half, but considering I took the day off from work (it was a state holiday so TxDOT was empty) that's not really good. I'm up to 11 pages in Chapter 2, which is longer than I thought it would be when I started. When all is said and done, it might be as long as 20. It's an important chapter, as it lays the groundwork for the layout and the analysis of the excavations. It also is important to demonstrate a familiarity with major sources related to my project. On the other hand, there are some things in the chapter that are only peripherally related that might be trimmed out in rewrite.
Had a great day on the party boat Saturday. The weather was perfect, the boat was decent, and there was lots of beer and nice people. Didn't get the tan I was hoping for, but that's the only downside.
I'm setting a 2-page goal for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home