Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Finding caves, or making them?


Tini in a hole
Originally uploaded by texasrobo
That's Tini digging in a karst feature out off RM 620 in Round Rock. A bunch of dirt and rocks were cleared out to expose the opening, roughly 8 feet below ground surface. We're now a good 9 feet down, and digging off to the sides well beyond the narrow opening. I had to use my camera phone, because the weather has been pretty misty and I didn't want to bring my real camera out. Next week, nice weather and better pictures, and maybe we'll find the cave that's hidden under here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home