Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Same old same old.

It's been very slow lately. Just going through every day life. Don't want to be a weather blogger (although having the windows open has been very nice and eco-friendly).
A couple of weeks ago (well, almost a month, actually) Tina's car got rear-ended, and it ended up being totaled. We turned the rental in on Saturday, so we're a one car family. It's only a problem during my TxDOT rotation. So tomorrow, for the first time since 2004, I'll be taking the bus to work. Unlike when I lived on Woodrow and worked at the Texan, I'll have to walk a few blocks to get to the bus, and then to get to my work. I'm tempted to bike, but it's uphill both ways. Granted, I'm in better shape now than I was when I used to bike a lot, but 5 miles with big hills on a BMX is a bit daunting first thing in the morning. So is dealing with the traffic on South First or South Congress.
Definitely looking forward to Fun Fun Fun Fest. That'll make up for Halloween being on Wednesday, meaning that no one wants to have a party the weekend before because it's too far off. Next year, it's a Friday and a costume party will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home