Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Monday, July 30, 2007

The red baton

I guess Baton Rouge is nice. I spent most of my time here so far holed up with a bunch of maps in the Archaeology Division hallway. It's right near the Capitol building and by a bunch of historic stuff. I don't really know much about this area. The building which houses the Archaeology Division (and a bunch of other offices) has a lot of nice art deco touches and some Depression-era murals in it. I am a big fan of both of these things, so maybe tomorrow I'll take a short break and check the murals out. I really don't have much time, unfortunately.
Today: Leave house 5:50, Leave Austin 7am. Arrive 10am, pick up car, drive to maps. Leave at 5:15 and check into hotel. Go to truck stop diner down the road for dinner (ummy red beans and rice with sausage and cornbread. I do miss cajun food) and grab a couple of "baby arms" of Tecate. Watch Kathy Griffin on Bravo. Get on computer and work for another hour. Try to unwind.
Tomorrow: Wake up at 7am. Shower. Eat breakfast and check out of hotel. Drive back to state office building. Hope to have time to drive to wherever the historic structures information is ( I think LSU). Be at airport by 6 to return car and catch plane at 7. Back in Austin at 10:15, meet family at airport. Since travel time is billable, 26 hours on the clock in 2 days. Too bad that's not my sleep schedule!!!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you hated Kathy Griffin.

7:05 AM  
Blogger jlowe said...

Watching "My life on the D-List" with you guys made me realize that she can be funny from time to time. There also wasn't much else on.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home