Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back in the ATX

The rest of Corpus was very easy. I drank a lot on Thursday. We drove home on Friday. My mom was in town for the weekend, and we had a BBQ and everyone had fun. We also went to the Sunset Valley Farmers Market and supported local farmers and artisans and such. Yay! Go there on Saturdays, you'll love it. We also dropped by the South First Art Walk on Sunday and said hi to our friends, and I bought some records at End of an Ear. Yay! Go there and buy records and such!
This week I'm back at TxDOT, although I stayed home today to take care of some house-related stuff. The highlight this week was getting to go through the reports storage room and grabbing 2 legal boxes full of TxDOT reports, which would have cost me 300 or so bucks. They will make a nice addition to my bookshelf at my SWCA office, and a couple of them are from projects I actually worked on.
Not much else to say (since I don't want to gripe about the washing machine flood). I think next week I'll be doing some work in San Antonio on some bridges. 2 of the 3 big digs I've worked on so far were for bridge construction/replacements, as is the next big dig we're doing. So hopefully we'll find something cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home