Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I found a unicorn!



This is the only artifact that we found on the Texana survey on Thursday. It's a unicorn on a piece of china. Other than that surface find, it was just a lot of shallow, negative shovel tests. I tried looking it up online, but no luck. I thought it was really neat, though.
Next week is a testing project in Roma, which is in South Texas. It will be insanely hot. Here's the lyrics to a song that describe South Texas:
http://www.musicanet.org/robokopp/usa/devlmade.htm
Monday we'll be driving for 6-6.5 hours. It's possible we'll work an extra day, which means extra per diem and overtime pay. On the other hand, it might be nice to be back on Friday so we can get the last couple of ducks in a row before the home closing. As it is, my phone and new laptop are my lifeline next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home