Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Oh, the irony

I checked with a couple of co-workers to make sure this was actually ironic, and not Alanis Morrisette "Ironic".
Today, our crew had a safety meeting with the representative for the contractor. The meeting took place on the side of a 2-lane highway with trucks barreling by at 65 miles per hour.

Where in the hell am I? In a Holiday Inn Express, in Denison, TX. I'm about 10 miles (maybe less) from the Oklahoma border. Hank Hill once said "North Texas? More like South Oklahoma!" but most of the people I've seen here are wearing UT colors and not OU. It helps to be the national champs, I'm sure. The high points of this particular HI-Ex are the in-room wired high-speed connections and 3 HBO channels. Some of the rooms also have their new bedding, which is very comfy. This particular room still has the polyester blanket and lumpy pillows.

Up at 5:15 tomorrow, hoping to score a little free breakfast before leaving for Oklahoma at 6. Even though breakfast is supposed to start at 6:30, the woman in charge has been trying to get some bagels and muffins out for us before we leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home