Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

the house.

We are in the process of buying a house. It has subsumed almost all of my time (not just free time, but time period) and energy lately. The offer, securing a loan, inspection, quotes for repairs. It's got me pretty burnt out right now, and Tina has even been having dreams where she's going through all the stress.
Here's some pictures of it:
http://www.eitelgroup.com/silver_listingDetail.asp?ID=237716&Page=2#desc

It's nice, and the neighborhood is in a good location. It has some flaws, for sure. And it would be nice if it were a little cheaper. I'm just ready for it to be ours, with some repairs, and ready for some of my own elbow grease.
If you haven't seen me or heard from me this week, this is why.
Tonight is a farewell party for one of my bosses, who is moving to Lubbock to be a professor at Texas Tech. We'll miss him, as he's a good boss and also a good friend. So we'll celebrate by eating BBQ, drinking lots of beer and giving him bottles of wine so he has something to do in Flatland.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The screened-in porch is great, but I think it would look better with a bunch of drunk friends on it.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home