Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

36 hours in Austin

That's how long I'll have been here, more or less, before leaving again for the field. I was supposed to leave Monday late in the morning for a monitoring job outside of Alvin, but I got a call around 6pm asking if I could come Sunday late morning instead. It's a lot of extra money, so of course I said I could.
During my brief time here, I got to see my friends at End of An Ear as we posed for photos for a website. We were also supposed to hang out tonight, but unfortunately work intervened (I didn't want to drive for 2.5-3 hours and then work with a hangover and without a good night's sleep). With the rest of my time, I did 3 loads of laundry, grilled some salmon and steak, went to the grocery store and spent some quality time with the kitty.
I'll be back sometime around the 27th (depending on the weather and the job progress), and if I'm not headed to The Woodlands that weekend I plan on doing some major hanging out!
By the way, if for some reason you want to see the Rushmore 5-minute remake on the big screen, it'll be showing at the Alamo South Lamar on Tuesday night. I guess there's an audience favorite prize at stake, but honestly I'm just happy if you see the film online and leave a nice comment here (or on the Filmmaking Frenzy website). And consider me for your next project.

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

You need to get Dan to shoot some headshots for you to sign.

8:07 AM  
Blogger jlowe said...

That would be hilarious!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home