Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Website for an old excavation

So, back in the blazing hot summer of 2004, I (along with Tini and Colleen and some others) worked on an excavation in McKinney Roughs Park, outside of Bastrop. If you drive east from Austin on SH 71, the site is now under a parking lot at the new Lost Pines Hyatt Resort. The report was recently published, and won an Award of Merit from the Texas Historical Commission. We also helped to develop a website (somewhat interactive) detailing the site and the work.
McKinney Roughs Website

It's pretty interesting, even if you're not an archaeo nerd (or someone who worked on the dig). You can also see me in a couple of the pictures, wearing a green and yellow baseball hat. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neato.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home