Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Consider it defended!

I said I would try and keep up this week with updates on the thesis countdown.
The defense went very smoothly. I ended up presenting for at least 20 minutes and maybe closer to 30 (those who know me know how I can ramble). I only had a few simple questions, and my advisor had already tipped me off about his. Both professors had a lot of praise for me, which felt great.
Funny thing: I was way more nervous before my Spanish oral exam earlier this year.
I now have all the signatures on all the forms as far as I can tell. I'm about to print my abstract to the 25% cotton bond paper. Tomorrow, I'll make the minor edits suggested by my second reader (and they're very small, which is why I'm going to do it tomorrow). I'll make a pdf file and burn it to a CD, and sometime tomorrow late morning or early afternoon I'm going to turn it all in. That leaves me 2 full days to take care of anything I somehow missed.
I'm still pretty full of nervous energy. I think I'm going to be pretty exhausted by the time my mom gets here this weekend.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Defendor!

9:37 PM  
Blogger mybloodyself said...

Yay! Congrats!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

OMG I had no idea! Congrats! YAAAAAY!!!

Damn, that's so awesome. :) :)

2:37 AM  
Blogger St. Murse said...

A belated yahoo! And if you like come-from-behind sporting events, you've got to watch the men's platform diving final.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home