Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Back!

And it's no secret. I was tooling around the Hill Country the last couple of days, staying in hotels which did not have internet access (which wouldn't bother John McCain, as he doesn't use computers), eating lots of good homestyle food. We lost a few hours yesterday to Hurricane Dolly, which basically had one of it's massive bands of rain going over Bandera County for hours and hours.
By the way, if you haven't been to Bandera County, it's absolutely beautiful. I think Bandera is a pretty fun little town to stay in, as they try and maintain a sort of outlaw country feel to the place. Today we were surveying around Tarpley, which has some really great hill peaks to go with the regular stunning hill country scenery. We also found a pretty cool little site there.
Anyhow, I ended up working a few extra hours this week, and since there's not overtime for this job, I can pool my hours for next week. I know it's not exactly right or fair, but that's how it is. So I'll be able to take a day off next week (after working a few more hours tomorrow to wrap stuff up) and finish the thesis. This weekend is pretty much out as Tina is finally back from East Texas and I'm going to hang out with friends I haven't seen for a while. And, at some point, add some entries to the food blog.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home