Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home again soon, briefly

The good news is that we're almost finished with the initial part of the Oklahoma survey! Barring anything crazy happening (which is probably jinxing myself, but it includes finding lots of sites so that would be okay), we'll be heading back to Austin on Friday. This is much earlier than we originally anticipated.
The bad news (well, sort of) is that we picked up three counties of the Texas portion of the survey, plus a lateral off the pipeline. They want us to start on this July 7. So I'll be heading back to good ol' East Texas in a couple of weeks. Or maybe back to Oklahoma for backhoe trenching. Either way, I'll only be back for 10 days or so.
I'm excited because now I'll be back for July 4th weekend, which is one of my favorite holidays just because my friends always manage to have a kickass BBQ and there's an art show added on this time.
Anyway, I'm tired of sitting in the hotel lobby and want to get over to Sherman (yay, Texas!) for a while. Hopefully they'll have the broken wireless fixed soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger mybloodyself said...

Yay! Glad you will be home for a bit!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home