Where in the hell am I?

Stories from the road, and home, by a contract archaeologist.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I work out of town a lot as a contract archaeologist. Sometimes it's interesting. It can be quite funny, although probably only to other archys. Home is Austin, with my wife and our cute kitty and all of our crazy friends.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another snake


Water Snake
Originally uploaded by texasrobo
I saw another snake today, hanging out in a puddle formed by a tire rut. I was probably two steps away from it when I noticed (the photo is a zoom in). I have no idea what kind of snake it is, just that it's not venomous. I suppose I should look these things up. Maybe I should find a volunteer research associate.
It was not nearly as wet as I expected. I guess the Rosharon area only got around a tenth of an inch of rain. I still wore my waders, which was good because I hit some wet areas, but nothing higher than my ankles.
Nothing to report archaeologically yet. It's probably just as well, as the client would rather not have any more sites and I'd rather not record anther crappy early 20th century trash scatter.
Speaking of, I put some photos up on my Flickr of the cistern and some of the bottles I found at the site in Fort Bend County last time I was out here. There's also pictures of an owl I saw yesterday. Check them out!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Spacebeer said...

That snake may not be venomous, but it also doesn't look like a very nice guy.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks cuddly. Whooza little snakey? Whooizit?

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home