El Paso! That's where I'm going next week for work. See, I thought I'd be going to Junction the week after, but things have changed. So now I'll be flying to El Paso for a 7 or 8 day project.
- I've never been there, or really any part of West Texas (depending on how you define Sweetwater).
- The archaeology is very different there from Central or South Texas. For example, there's some influences from the Southwestern culture spheres. This means possibly cool pottery. There's also some rock art out there.
- More Holiday Inn points and per diem
- I will now be missing Dan's photo show opening, which sucks doubly as I was going to be DJing for a set. Missing the opening is the biggest con by far, but I can't really say no to my work.
- There looks to be lots of other cool stuff going on next weekend
- I will probably get my hopes up for cool stuff and we'll find nothing.
Maybe I'll go across to Juarez, just to say that I've been there and add to my collection of border towns.